Please Welcome Author Shadonna Richards!!! Her Favourite Hero!!!
MY FAVORITE HERO
I’m Shadonna, author of An Unexpected Bride, a romantic comedy about Emma Wiggins who is about to marry her heart-stopping, gorgeous boss, CEO Evan Fletcher in seven days. Only he doesn’t know about it yet!
Since An Unexpected Bride centers around the theme of love, companionship and a sexy hero, I thought I’d share my list of traits that I love in a hero—much like Evan Fletcher in An Unexpected Bride. Check this list out (it’s in no particular order):
1. He can’t stop thinking about you and he’s talking about you all the time to his friends.
2. He speaks what’s on his mind (when it’s appropriate in the work environment, of course)
3. He’s a passionate and highly skilled lover
4. He’s got a huge heart underneath that muscular chest. He’s very caring and not just to his love interest but to his family. For instance, Evan refused to let his elderly confused father go into a “nursing home”. He preferred to provide and pay for 24-hour care with a trusted nurse—even though his father tore the house down.
5. He doesn’t look at other women when he’s out with you. He won’t even turn his head an inch to glance at an attractive woman walking by because he’s so into you.
6. He has principals and high morals. He plays hard in competition but fair.
7. He’s thick skinned.
8. Observant. Pays close attention to the little things about his love interest and makes her feel appreciated.
9. He’s well built and takes great care of his body and mind--maybe to a fault. He won’t allow his heart to be taken in again and tends to emotionally block at times.
10. He’s adventurous and innovative. He’s at the top of his game.
Hope you enjoyed the list as much as I enjoyed compiling it. I thought I’d also leave you with a synopsis of An Unexpected Bride. Enjoy.
Desperate to fulfill her ailing grandfather’s last wish to see her settle down and get married, Emma Wiggins, a 30-year-old, career-focused executive tells him a little white lie on his deathbed that she is in fact engaged--to her boss, deliciously handsome and emotionally unavailable, Evan Fletcher. The situation takes an unexpected turn when her grandfather's condition improves slightly and to her shock, he goes ahead and arranges a wedding ceremony at his hospital bedside before he passes on. Now, all Emma has to do is convince unsuspecting, commitment-phobic Evan to tie the knot with her in seven days. Can love blossom in the most unlikely situation?