Melinda Leigh "She Can Run" blog Tour!!!
Please Welcome Melinda Leigh
BOOKS READ 'N' MAKEUP DONE
First of all I want to thank Books Read ‘N Makeup Done! for hosting a stop on my blog tour. SHE CAN RUN is my debut romantic suspense. I’m thrilled to share my excitement about its release with your readers.
Today, I’d like to talk about heroes. Let’s start with five important facts about my ideal romance hero.
1. Deep down, he’s a nice guy. Sure, a tortured hero can have issues that make him surly. But he should a) not be surly toward the heroine because he loves her, b) be less surly by the end of the book to show he’s learned something, or c) have a strong heroine who calls him out on said surliness. An alpha hero needs an alpha heroine.
2. A sense of humor is a must-have quality. No wiggle room on this one.
3. I like manly men. In movies, I’d rather see a face that’s been lived in than one that’s been nipped and tucked. My romance hero will never use more hair product than my heroine or hog mirror time in the bathroom.
4. He will do what is right when it counts, even if he doesn’t want to. Anybody else thinking about Han Solo here? Sure, he was the bad boy, and we all had our moment of panic when he deserted the rebel cause to make good with Jabba the Hut. But he came back, even though it ended up costing him dearly.
5. Heroes are good with children and dogs. There is nothing sexier than a big strong man gently handling a small, fragile creature. I must not be the only woman who thinks this. When my children were babies, women would flock to my husband every time he went out solo with an infant. He was the Pied Piper of young women as long as he was pushing a stroller.
We romance readers all have our weaknesses. I have a close friend who will read any book that involves a secret baby. Me? I’m a total sucker for a wounded hero story. How about you? What hero qualities make your heart melt?
Want to know more about me and my book? Check out my website, www.melindaleighauthor.com. I love to hear from readers. Please connect with me on Facebook & Twitter.
Thanks for reading!