Alexa Blog Hop 8/4 to 8/10
Did you ever wonder how popular a website is? Have you landed on a site and wondered if it was reputable? Alexa can tell you! You can use Alexa to learn how popular a site is, to find new sites, to learn who owns a site, and a lot more. a
Alexa takes all the websites in the world, and ranks them – putting them in order by popularity.
Why do I care? Well, as a blogger, you care how popular your site is for many reasons. First and foremost is probably to feel the love *blush*. You want to know that people are actually reading what you write. If you’re a product review and giveaway blog, like Kelly’s Lucky You, you care because the more popular you are, the bigger prizes you can ask for and hopefully obtain for your readers. When I ask Dyson to provide us with a cool new Dyson Vacuum, they look at things like my Alexa rating to determine if they can use their precious marketing dollars to give one away! Or Keurig, or Britax… stop me anytime – I’m dreaming! Hey, it’s my job to dream *wink*. So bloggers care about Alexa rankings, companies care, consumers care, and as KLY readers you care – dreaming of those great prizes!
Alexa rankings are like golf scores – the lower the better. The most popular site is ranked #1. (It’s Google). Do you know who’s number 2? Go to Alexa to see! While you’re there, download the Alexa toolbar. Click on “Toolbar” or here, it’s easy and fast. There are a few reasons for that – one it’s fun to see the rankings! Once you have the tool bar, the Alexa rating will show up there every time you go to a site – any site. The other reason is that you can help improve or drop the ranking of a site if you have the toolbar installed when you visit it. You’ll help me get that Dyson/Keurig/Britax to give away!
I’m a co-host with Spearmint Baby, Scraps of Life and Our Family World for this Alexa Blog Hop – we’re linking up our sites here to tell each other that we’re working on improving our Alexa rating.
Here are the blog hop rules:
1. If you don’t already have it, download the Alexa toolbar.
2. Add your blog name & URL to the linky list below.
3. Follow any blogs on GFC that interest you (be sure to leave a friendly comment on their blog letting them know that you are a new follower so they can follow back!) if you are already a follower of their blog, just leave a comment asking them to visit you for the Alexa hop!
4. If you haven’t done an Alexa review on the blog yet, write one! Look for an Alexa Review button, like the one near the top of my middle sidebar.
5. Grab the Spearmint Baby Blog Hop banner & post on your blog to get new people involved. The more new people the better :)
Please note that we keep this blog hop open all week so you have plenty of time to visit all of the blogs on the list!